Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: went to the track

  1. #11
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    This was on stock michelins (99GSR Wheels) at stock tire pressure. I would think with I/H/E and 6 psi I wouldn't expect much more than 170 whp. JR says the kit should put out 160hp. I am at 168.8hp and 137tq now with 6psi. I'm moving to 9 psi the first week of June with Endyn pulley, JR BTC, Apexi VAFC (I know I only have an LS, it was a deal from a friend)and a set of RC 310's. (already have a cartech)

    Zach

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    Turbo Convert
    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

  2. #12
    Inactive Member auto-gs-king's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    fastfour: What did you do to squeeze more HP on the dyno? I also have a blown LS and was thinking about getting some dyno time in, but im not really sure what to change up to get more ponies.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by auto-gs-king:
    fastfour: What did you do to squeeze more HP on the dyno? I also have a blown LS and was thinking about getting some dyno time in, but im not really sure what to change up to get more ponies.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Play with the timing and fuel settings. I have just used different fp settings and found what works best. I'll be able to tune the fuel a little more pricisely with the VAFC in a few weeks. I also swapped out the POS AEM CAI for a custom unit from my tuner/sponsor Donny Scott from Import Specialty Automotive (number is in my sig).

    The 3 inch custom intake alone was worth 5 hp and 4tq to the wheels over the AEM. Here is a link to a dyno sheet. Take a look at the rest of the pics and tell me what you think:
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewP...p=39215011&f=0

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    Turbo Convert
    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

    [This message has been edited by fastfour (edited May 13, 2001).]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member auto-gs-king's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 10th, 2001
    Posts
    35
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow, those are some impressive figures for the intake alone. I was thinking about ditching my AEM CAI. How much do you think it would cost for your sponsor to make another one? Is it a short ram or cold air unit?

  5. #15
    Inactive Member acuraboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    FAST FOUR, What do you think about cams?

  6. #16
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by auto-gs-king:
    Wow, those are some impressive figures for the intake alone. I was thinking about ditching my AEM CAI. How much do you think it would cost for your sponsor to make another one? Is it a short ram or cold air unit?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>


    The pipe is 3 inches and is a cold air intake. It can be cut in two pieces if you would like. Give the number in my sig a call and ask for Donny and tell him I sent you.

    As far as cams go, I haven't really given much thought to them. Most of them out there are for N/A applications that will do nothing for us. Not worth it.

    Zach


    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    Turbo Convert
    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

  7. #17
    Inactive Member acuraboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 12th, 2001
    Posts
    102
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm thinking of getting some nitto's.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You definitely need to get to a dyno and find out why the hp is so low. You can tell that by your 80mph trap speed. My blown LS is tuned about as good as it's going to get at 6psi and I hit anwhere from 94-98 in the traps. Tuning is key.

    Zach

    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    Turbo Convert
    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

  9. #19
    Inactive Member Def's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2000
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I'd have to disagree on cams.

    I'd be willing to bet money that the mild street/turbo cams from Crower would really wake up a SC'd LS.

    I wouldn't expect really massive HP increases, but I bet 10-15hp with good tuning wouldn't be out of the question.

    Before you talk about increasing overlap and all that BS, look at what a SC'd GSR does when it hits the VTEC crossover. That's right, it wakes up and immediately makes 5-8 ft-lbs more TQ almost all the way to redline. These mild street cams for an LS are getting alot closer to the VTEC cams on a GSR, so you'd really be letting your motor breathe up high.

    Of course, you'd probably also reach peak HP on a SC'd B18B1 at around 7300-7500RPM with these cams since HP peak is already at redline or close to it with stock cams. Something to think about with raising the redline as a later upgrade.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member fastfour's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 27th, 1999
    Posts
    709
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Def:
    I'd have to disagree on cams.

    I'd be willing to bet money that the mild street/turbo cams from Crower would really wake up a SC'd LS.

    I wouldn't expect really massive HP increases, but I bet 10-15hp with good tuning wouldn't be out of the question.

    Before you talk about increasing overlap and all that BS, look at what a SC'd GSR does when it hits the VTEC crossover. That's right, it wakes up and immediately makes 5-8 ft-lbs more TQ almost all the way to redline. These mild street cams for an LS are getting alot closer to the VTEC cams on a GSR, so you'd really be letting your motor breathe up high.

    Of course, you'd probably also reach peak HP on a SC'd B18B1 at around 7300-7500RPM with these cams since HP peak is already at redline or close to it with stock cams. Something to think about with raising the redline as a later upgrade.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Good point. I would just hope that if some one with the B18b that's supercharged would go for turbo cams and not N/A cams. Seems obvious but there are lots of people out there that I have seen want to try this.

    Zach



    ------------------
    94 Civic Coupe/LS Hybrid
    JRSC@6psi
    Turbo Convert
    Import Specialty Automotive (253) 473-2606

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •